Code of Conduct for Junior Golfers within the GCGU
This code of conduct has been designed to ensure that all Young Golfers have a point of reference providing the minimum standards expected when participating in golfing activity. All Young Golfers should ensure that they are fully conversant with the code and should strive to meet the code at all times.
- Ensure that all golfers are able to participate in golf without fear of ridicule, harassment or restriction.
- Treat other golfers with the same respect and fairness you would like them to show you.
- Demonstrate fair play on and off the course. Respect differences in gender, disability, culture, race, ethnicity and religious beliefs between yourself and others.
- Challenge discrimination and prejudice; look out for yourself and the welfare of others.
- Do not engage in any irresponsible, abusive, inappropriate or illegal behaviour including social media comments which may bring the GCGU into disrepute.
- Challenge behaviour that falls below the expected standards of the county or club.
- Speak to the team manager if you have concerns about anything, your own needs or the needs of others.
- Be organized and on time.
You must not:
- Consume alcohol or illegal and performance enhancing drugs
- Use foul language
- Engage in sexual behaviour
- Drive or take part in the use of Golf Buggies
- Leave the facility without prior agreement of the appropriate TeamManager or Club Official
Prepared by Teg Bevan for the Glamorgan Golf Union Jan 2016